2.27.2012

love me some sunday.

i had a super uplifting weekend. we had stake conference, which is always a favorite of mine. our old stake presidency was released, which means we not only heard from them, but also from the new presidency. plus, the 2 general authorities that were visiting. that's a lot of very inspired men. and it was a treat. i love being part of a student married ward. it means that your stake is a student married stake, & that everything in stake conference is directed to young married-going to school couples. so i wasn't one bit surprised when everything i heard, was exactly what i needed to hear. isn't it funny how that works?

another thing that contributed to the weekend is this fabulous talk by Brad Wilcox. it was given last july in a weekly devotional at byu. my father in law emailed it to me friday saying that it'll go on his "top ten list of most important things i've ever read." i feel like that's a pretty big deal.

anyways. i loved it. i've read it & re-read it over and over the last couple of days. the video is long. & so if you want me to email you the talk, i can do that. just let me know. :)

but seriously. it is a must hear. so take the time. you won't be disappointed.

http://byutv.org//watch/49475abb-10d4-4f45-a757-7000b9945468.


6 comments:

  1. Love Brad Wilcox. He's kind of a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MACE! You should read his book, "The Continuous Atonement"--all about the same thing. It's pretty amazing.

    He was one of my professors, absolutely love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss married student wards for those very reasons. Seems like they always get spoiled with general authorities too. Would you email me the talk. Thanks mace! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email me the text please. I love Brad Wilcox. And "her cheeks are coming in nicely" is one of the cutest things I have ever read. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, i love when father in laws email and send some inspiring things. how great! and i LOVE this talk. thanks for sharing girl!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the greatness of his book :-) thanks for sharing this. I must have really needed it because my mom had sent me a printout of it too.

    ReplyDelete