10.02.2013

just trying to finish up posting about our summer. these pictures aren't in any particular order, at all. :)

^^the 4th of july. we totally didn't mean to be decked out in red, white & blue. but it works!

^^birthday celebration with my best friends @ color me mine. (we made those cute things) 

 ^^we try to get together with all of our cousins that live in utah at least once a month, because we always have a blast. this was our pool party/barbecue in august. 
^^brian and i really wanted to go camping a few times this summer. unfortunately the only camping we did was a few campfires and then drive back home to sleep in our bed. [so we skipped the sleeping in tents part] this was when we went up to have dinner/s'mores/play kanjam with the petersons. 

^^i'm so grateful that my husband gets along with my favorite friend's husbands so that we can hangout. we don't do it as often as we should, but here was one night we fit in a triple date over the summer.

^^we love us some snocones! this night there was a truck right next the the snow shack with these things in them. (they call them beli buttons) next thing i know brian had bought six of them. he was in heaven. we haven't been able to find the beli button truck since. bummer.

we spent a week at Aspen Grove with the Petersons. (with both of us being in school we mostly drove up for dinner, stayed the night, had breakfast & then had to go to work & school) but we had a blast. Brian's family used to come up all the time for the week when they were younger & I had heard so many stories about it. so it was fun to see what it was all about.

this summer was the summer of all of my favorite people coming back from their missions. yay!
^^marg got home from brasil (in may) but we didn't get to see her until she came down to utah in july.
^^my cousin brawn's homecoming.
my little brother davis came home from his mission @ the end of july. he flew straight to brasil though to stay with my family & we didn't see him until about 3 weeks later when they all flew home. it's been good to have the [whole] family back together again. 

and, as always we spent as much time as we could with our favorite little nieces. 
 ^^four wheeler rides @ my grandpa's house.
 ^^this was when we picked up my family from the airport-Avery was fast asleep on brian, & jane was just trying to throw the balloon @ her head. 
^^this was @ a wedding reception in burley. somehow they talked brian into pushing them on the swings the whole time. he is sure wrapped around their little fingers.

^^another Real Salt Lake game with Alex & Paige Harris. so much fun!

^^we spent a weekend in august in burley helping my parents pack up their house to move to heber. I am so excited for them to be close, but it was very bitter sweet spending my last weekend in the house that i grew up in. we snapped this picture while we were doing family pictures. i'm really thankful for this guy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those beli button things made me drool! I hope they tasted as good as they looked. I was very impressed at how well your projects turned out at Color Me Mine. I loved the handle on your mug. I didn't think about the downside of your parents moving to Heber. I can't imagine packing up the place where I raised all my kids. I know it would be tough. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete